The Institute of Contemporary History (Inštitut za novejšo zgodovino) in Ljubljana has launched a Visiting Fellowship program and is accepting applications for the Visiting Fellowship program starting from October 1, 2022.
Deadline for applications: June 15
Scholars working in the field of contemporary political, social, economic history or related disciplines, as well scholars working in the field of digital humanities, are invited to apply for the fellowship of two to four months in the period between October 1, 2022, and October 1, 2023.
The Institute is offering:
- Free accommodation in an apartment in Dom Podiplomcev in Ljubljana.
- Travel expenses for a round trip from the home institution (max 500 eur).
- A working space at the Institute (Privoz 11, near the National Archives and the National and University Library).
- An access to the library of the Institute, which is one of the finest libraries for 20th century history in Slovenia, containing publications from the whole Yugoslav space (and broader).
- A friendly working environment and an opportunity to participate in the work of the Institute and to foster long-term individual and institutional cooperation.
The Institute does not offer any additional financial assistance, but the fellowship can of course be combined with other forms of funding (for example, researcher’s home institution, COST Actions’ Short Term Scientific Missions, Erasmus traineeship program, CLARIN ERIC Mobility Grants, etc.)